You are about to watch a compelling video that was pivotal in raising more than $1 million dollars to fund East Pond’s initial alum treatment last summer. We know you’ll find it interesting and informative. It’s about why East Pond residents treasure the lake and why we should all be concerned about continuing our vigilance over the annual late summer algae blooms. Avoiding their negative impact on water quality and our quality of life must be a top priority for us all. The video explains the science of what causes the blooms and proposes the successful solution we employed. The initial price tag to implement that solution was $1 million. But that’s just the beginning.
The lake is now clear and the outlook is positive. However we must continue to monitor this constantly evolving body of water. It is the most valuable asset we have and protecting it for future generations is of paramount importance.
Enjoy the video and listen to its message. We very much look forward to your sharing our commitment to East Pond and reaping the rewards of a cleaner lake year-round.
Jerry Tipper, Fundraising Chair East Pond Association
Click here to view the East Pond Restoration Project Video
Following are documents related to the Watershed Plan and the Alum Treatment project.
- East Watershed-Based Management Plan (Feb, 2018)
- Phosphorus Loading and Related Lake Management Considerations
- Longevity & Effectiveness of Aluminum Addition to Reduce Sediment Phosphorus Release & Restore Lake Water Quality
- East Pond Watershed Restoration Project 319
- East Pond Watershed Plan Update - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Lake Restoration Brochure