Our Mission is as follows:
- Through education, fund raising and other proper activities, to promote the protection and enhancement of the water quality of East Pond and to preserve its ecological, economic, recreational and aesthetic value.
- To work with members and other interested parties to monitor water quality, to promote responsible land-use practices, and to maintain the integrity of watershed ecology of East Pond.
- To encourage, facilitate and disseminate scientific research regarding East Pond.
- To publish a newsletter which focuses on information related to the lake protection efforts and developments on East Pond as well as on other lakes and ponds in Maine.
- To assist the work of charitable, educational, literary or scientific organizations.
- To make distributions to nonexempt organizations and governmental bodies conditioned upon the fund being used for specific projects.