There are several ongoing studies of East Pond’s water and its surrounding environment.
- The Conservation Corps of the Belgrade Regional Conservation Alliance assists lake watershed property owners by installing rip-rap to stop shoreline erosion. For information, call 207-495-6039.
- The Watershed Study of the Department of Environmental Protection
- The East Pond Association has supported the testing of water quality as part of data collection for DEP.
- East Pond Pilot Biomanipulation Project – A pilot study regarding the lake’s somewhat regular algae blooms.
- Colby College study by Whitney King on the effects of temperatures on the lake. Click here for more information on Colby’s Belgrade Lakes studies specifically the 2008 East Pond data.
- 2007 East Pond Watershed Based Plan
- 2000 East Pond Watershed Report
- From Professor Michael Donihue – The 2014 edition of our Statistical Abstract for the Belgrade Lakes Watershed, including our economic impact analysis for the Watershed.